Friday, July 10, 2009

Fast Forward Friday

So I have an idea i'm blogging to share my adventures with you so every friday I'm gonna attempt to sum up the week with what I did and learned and fast forward to what i'll be up to the next week. I always complain about being super busy so I figure this is a good way for me to embrace that.

This was a crazy week for real I felt like I was gonna explode! My job has definitely been giving me some hard times lately and it came to the point this week when I was about to have an extreme meltdown. It's so funny how life always comes back to actions speak louder than words. Even though I felt unappreciated and pressured I decided to just do what I had to do to get sh** done and get on with my life. TRUST that I wanted to let it be known that I wasn't havin it but bills popped into my head and
I decided not to get fired...lol.

Speaking of actions it amazes me that the actions of others cause us to react on impulse at times to make sure that we protect the all important ego and feelings. It's like when needs aren't being met it's human nature of survival to find the resource to meet that need people included.

School...a thorn in my side and the cacoon to my change...honestly I do love school it's just the fact that this is my career and my perfectionist tendencies are creeping out. I didn't really know if I was being an effective counselor or even helping people but my midterm tape...hell I surprised myself!! I can do this and the passion that I have for it is showing more and more as I continue to look at myself and my life and dealing with my past and living up to my motto of being a better woman than I was yesterday.

Yesterday was fun...I finally forced myself to get out of the house and reward myself
for a job well done. Yea I know I probably should do that more often...don't lecture me! Lol

So lesson learned this week THINK BEFORE REACT! Life may be so much better for everyone if we all tried this...


FAST FORWARD: Next week I gotta grind lots of papers, work, internship...my normal life. All work and no play definitely counting down to vacation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment